Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Ode to my Brother Blake




While in Florida and shopping in a supermarket called publix, I came across a bottle of shiraz called the Tall Horse that was from South Africa. Without hesitation I bought the bottle thinking of only one person....my brother Blake. Jesse and I finished the bottle last night and it was good. I only wished that my brother were around to share it with us, however, he is doing great things in the land of Africa. My ode is nothing great....I am no Edgar Allan Poe by any means.

He hasn't been home since last Christmas
By now I am really missing him.

He lives in Port Elizabeth
but travels the whole continent.

He is working really hard in school
learning to save the world in crisis.

I hope he knows how much I love him
and how proud I am to call him my brother.

1 comment:

Blake said...

Love ya sis :). Next time get a Pinotage! Delicious.