Saturday, February 7, 2009

First Accident




I have always been told that boys will be boys and there will be scrapes and bruises but nothing prepares you for what happened one Sunday night. Aiden was playing in his room and being very quiet. When I went to check on him I found him sitting on top of his toy box playing with some stuffed animals. When he looked up and saw me watching him he got excited, stood up and fell over the side. Now, this is a daily occurance for him; falling, hitting into things, so I didn't think much of it until I went to pick him up. There was blood everywhere and thank goodness that Jesse was home because I was not calm. We got the bleeding to stop but thought we should take him to a doctor so we did and the result was one staple. I was a mess the whole time and Jesse was a rock. He had to tell me to take a deep breath more than once. Aiden is fine and doing well. The staple has been removed and things are back to normal.

2 comments:

Camille said...

Good thing he has a hard head like him mother! J/K glad he is doing well. We had an experience like that with Emma choking and Camille was a mess! So don't worry, its a mother thing.

Angela said...

I remember the first time Kayla had blood coming from her. It's super scary but now you never have to do it for the first time again! Thanks goodness! I'm horrible when anyone gets hurt. We need to hang out soon. Please blog a little more. Thanks! ;)