Saturday, September 5, 2009

Snowbird

So....my mom calls me on Tuesday and says, "what are you doing on friday?" It just so happens that I wasn't doing anything so I said "nothing, why?" She asks me if Aiden and I would like to for a hike? Well, yeah, that sounds like fun. What do you have in mind, mom? She then proceeds to tell me that she wants to take the Tram to the top of Snowbird and hike back down. Ummmm.....hmmmm.....let me think about this one. Just me and mom that sounds do-able. With a two year old....I am not so sure. I agree to it anyway. She really wants to go (and smell the roses) and says that if he is cranky we will just take the tram back down. So we meet up, take the drive up the canyon to Snowbird, buy our tram tickets and take the nine minute ride up snowbird mountain. By now, you are all thinking that we should have gotten back on the tram and taken the ride back down the mountain, but alas, we did not. We started to descend at about 11:15 am. Aiden started out walking and grandma gave him some dried fruit to eat on the way down, trying to keep him occupied. Now, you wouldn't think much of this except that everytime Aiden ate a piece of the fruit he had to sit down to do it. Great! We will make it down the mountain just in time for dinner. We finally make it down a couple of switchbacks and decided to stop to eat some lunch. On we went, tried a couple of things. Make shifting a hammock for Aiden to sit in (where at one point he catapulted him out of it and face first into the dirt) carrying him on the hip and finally on top of our shoulders- which ended up working the best. Half way down there was a thunder storm and some rain, which is exactly where you want to be when that comes around. I told my mom to tell me if my hair starts to stand up and whatever we do, do not stand under a tree. We took a wrong turn twice, maybe three times but finally made it down the mountain. By the time we got down the mountain and back to the lodge I felt like I was going to just kill over. My toes hurt, I have a huge blister, and every muscle in my body aches....BUT....I loved it. I loved spending the time with my mom and with Aiden.

















3 comments:

Telisse and Kade said...

Quite the troopers! I bet Aiden loved it. Just think you will be able to do it again in a few years and he will running down in front of you and you wont be able to keep up.

cindiwithanipierce said...

Hey sis, I am still laughing as read your story of our adventure that day. It is Sunday and I can finally walk down a step with only a slight grimace on my face. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful time. We will never forget it.

Dunn Family said...

You are all so cute! Gosh, you were definitely motivated to do that with Aiden. I don't think i would try it! Sounds like you had fun tho! Miss you!